Friday, January 6, 2012

About Me

When someone recommends a movie to me, it really depends on the person doing the recommending as to whether I will watch that movie.  If it is one of my friends, or my little brother, I will be all "yes! Let's do this thing!" and possibly even go to a midnight showing while dressed up in a silly costume if the situation warrants it.

If my dad recommends it, I will probably get online and ask those same friends or just skip it all together.  My dad really liked Barbershop 2.  He doesn't like Muppets... but Avatar "changed [his] life," whereas I thought it was impressive eye-candy.

My point is, in order for a recommendation to mean something, you have to know SOMETHING about the person doing the review.  So, here is the low-down on me...

I am a 32 year old girl living in Utah, currently in her parents' basement, because I am dealing with about a thousand medical issues and have no money.  I have no money because my 3 jobs earn pennies... but I love every one.  I work in the education department for Thanksgiving Point Institute in Lehi, Utah, mostly running the Tales for Tots program right now. Basically, I tell stories for a living. (I just started a blog about THAT here.)  I also started a very small company doing education birthday parties and classes with my exotic pets. It's called Critters 2 Go.  I also write an Exotic Pets column for the Salt Lake Examiner. Less bloggy and more about sugar gliders, reptiles, etc.

I have sugar gliders, a chinchilla, a bearded dragon, a tortoise, a turtle, leopard geckos, hermit crabs, a frog, Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches, fish, a couple feral cats, and whatever strays and fosters seem to wander into my life for a time.

I also have diabetes, depression, Fibromyalgia, Gastroparesis, chronic migraines, and a bunch of other stuff. That is considerably less fun than the sugar gliders and other critters!

I am currently single.  I am Mormon, but I am not offended by hilarious blogs with a liberal seasoning of curse words.  I may not say them myself, but I am a closet member of "Club F***ery" for sure.  But don't worry, I will make sure to put a "rating" for all the blogs I review so that those offended by stuff like that won't stumble anywhere they don't want to go.

Things I find funny: Kid History, Monty Python, The Man Who Knew Too Little, Toy Story 3, 3 Amigos, Hyperbole and a Half, Brian Regan, boobs and poop, xkcd, and Natalie Dee.

If you have an overwhelming desire to know infinitely MORE about me, you can read MY blog, about my life, with the warning that it isn't an awesome one like the kind I review.  It's just the stuff going on in my life, mostly only my friends and family care about that.  It has a lot to do with animals, kids, poop, depression, and books.  Also, sometimes zombies.... or random hilarity on YouTube... and occasionally quilling.  It is Life of a Crazy Cat Lady (sans cats).

If you want to know more about me, ask here. I will answer here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Bloggabetes. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver