Thursday, January 5, 2012

Humble(?) Beginings and Bloggabetes

I love to read. I always have a book in my purse, one on my nightstand, etc. But books aren't all. I get obsessed with blogs. When I find a blog, I don't just start at the current post and start reading along. I start from their inception so that I don't miss anything.  I read every "page" from day one. 

One day I was talking about blogs (via Facebook. Yes, I'm a nerd) and mentioning that I was enjoying a few a lot and wished that I could review them like I do books on Goodreads (or children's books and crafts like I do on my story time blog, The Story Gnome's Home) .  My friend Steph suggested I just blog about blogs.  An idea was born... okay, more than idea. I got a little obsessed.  So here we are.

The format?  A review. Some are funny, some are inspiring... okay, most are funny. I like to be entertained.  I'll give you some indication of the "rating" (some blogs are INCREDIBLY funny, but have rather mature themes for some readers.). I'll review some that are already famous (and I am kicking myself for only recently discovering) and some that are not so famous, but freaking should be.

So, why "Bloggabetes?"  It comes from one of those already famous (for very good reason. She is awesome) bloggers, Allie Bosh, of Hyperbole and Half. In the post, Twitter is Dead to Me. So I Gave it twAIDS, Allie is talking about all the stupid "twiffinitions" Twitter does.
"Twitterholic: 'Twitter alcoholic' or 'Twitterer who is like an alcoholic, only instead of alcohol, they are addicted to tweeting' which is is not a real disorder and actually undermines the legitimacy of alcoholism by mere association.  It's like saying 'Haha, I'm a twitterbetic and I need to tweet regularly or else I'll have a tweizure!'"  
It is awesomeness like that that I want to promote.  And, besides. I AM Blogga... I mean DIAbetic , so I can joke about that kind of thing with wild and chubby abandon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Bloggabetes. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver